Apple muesli with dried fruit and coconut
You may have heard about Breakfast In A Jar; this is the original version of it. I like to have something prepared and ready to go for busy mornings, and this is a great start to the morning. This will keep for several days in the fridge, and develops a nice flavour.
I used rolled oats, grated apples, dried cranberries and blueberries and coconut chips soaked in unsweetened almond milk, So delicious! The grated apple really adds a nice sweetness and freshness to this.
You can really make muesli with any mix of fruits and nuts, liquids and could also serve this topped with some additional fruit or chopped nuts.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 - 1/2 cups almond milk or other milk of your choice
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt, or yogurt of your choice
- 2 apples, grated to the core (peeled or unpeeled is your choice, I leave them unpeeled)
- 1/3 cup coconut chips (big pieces of unsweetened dried coconut flakes)
- 3 Tbsp.dried blueberries
- 3 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 4 Tbsp honey (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
Grate the apples into a bowl on the coarse side of a box grater. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir together well. Let the muesli soak overnight in the refrigerator. Serve with additional fruit or coconut sprinkled on top if you like.